We have a clear vision and we know where we are going. We know our product perfectly and we want to conquer Europe. We are looking for a Marketing Director to take on this challenge and ensure that OKTAGON MMA becomes the most popular brand for combat sports on the old continent.
European number one
The vision and goals of our organization are very clear. To be the European champions league in the field of combat sports in Europe. In the 7 years that we have been building this dream together, we have made it to about 90 colleagues and we are selling out European arenas. We have entered the German market and have had our first tournament in England where we sell out halls and this year we're capturing the hearts of UK fans with 3 more events. The expansion is massive, we have over a million and a half fans following us on social media and we broadcast to over 100 countries. We're global and we're looking for "A" players to join us who are hungry to be part of something big.
Join us on the journey to becoming a Formula 1 martial artist!
What exactly will you be doing?
- Manage the team: You will lead the global marketing team and will cooperate with local marketing teams in CZ, SK, DE and UK. A total of around 30 people.
- Strategy:You will be the creator of marketing strategies in local markets, Czech and Slovak, German and UK. You will set the direction of how and where we present ourselves.
- Set and plan: You will set goals, plans, budgets and ensure the smooth running of the team within the marketing department.
- Focus on: You will ensure effective marketing execution in terms of brand marketing, digital marketing (social media, influencers, web, community management), performance marketing and PR.
- Analyse and evaluate: You will be key in analysing the market and campaign success rates to achieve the desired results.
- You will be responsible for meeting Pay-Per-View and ticket sales targets. This will be your responsibility.
Why should you enjoy this?
The individual in this role will bring to fruition a vision that offers people entertainment, inspiration, courage, mutual respect, discipline, and more. It's about the satisfaction of contributing to something with a slightly deeper value.
You will become a key player in the largest social media brand in the Czech Republic and Slovakia and we are also growing rapidly in Germany and preparing to conquer the UK.
You'll also be right at the cage of the biggest and fastest growing MMA brand in Europe. Your work will have a significant impact on our vision to conquer the combat sports market on this continent.
We're a small company, not a corporation. Processes and decision making is very fast. What we think of in the morning, we can implement in the afternoon. If you like speed, you'll really enjoy it with us.
What would the ideal candidate be?
- We are looking for a pro who has over at least 5 years of experience in this field. We're not looking for a rookie, you need to know what this job entails and how complex the expansion into other states is.
- Also a must have is good English, Czech and German are a plus, but not a necessity.
- You should have a strategic view but at the same time not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. Flexibility should be your middle name. We have tournaments on weekends and occasionally you will need to go check out the hall or visit colleagues abroad.
- We are still in great growth, so the experience of transforming a small team into a large company will come in handy.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in media companies or sports clubs, which will give you a unique insight into our industry.
- We expect you to have know-how in managing marketing budgets in at least millions of euros.
Who will you work with most often?
- Ondřej and Palo - our founders.
- Petr Filipec - Managing Director.
- Kateřina Opara - Head of Digital.
- Jakub Schroder - Head of PR.
- And the whole Marketing team.
How will the selection process work?
- After you apply, Vanesa will contact you and you will talk on the phone for a while.
- We then give each candidate a task, this is the best way to check your aptitude.
- And then, if there is positive feedback on the task, you will have three more rounds of the selection process.
- One round with Marek Černak - Head of HR.
- With Petr Filipec, our Managing Director and your potential direct supervisor.
- And you'll also meet Ondra and Palo.
- If it goes well, then the offer will follow.
We know it's not an easy selection, but it's a really big decision, thus both parties need to understand each other thoroughly.
- Full-time cooperation.
- Ideal location Prague, but not necessary. We normally meet in the office from Monday to Wednesday. On the other hand, Thursday and Friday you can work from wherever you want.
- Employee stock option plan.
- Incentive bonus component.
- Budget for tickets and discount on Merch.
- Budget for education and coaching.
- 75% allowance for language lessons (an hour will cost you about 150-250 CZK).
- 50% contribution to Multisport.
- Free pay-per-view.
- Team breakfasts and team buildings are a certainty.
- Coffee & snacks at the workplace :)
Onboarding: the sooner the better, however we're willing to wait for the right person.
So, are you up for it?